Sunday, September 14, 2008

Three Months Young

Avery turned three months earlier this week, but he is convinced he's at least four months! He is happiest when he is standing or sitting on his own, and I am sad to say he is already a bonafide couch potato! One thing is for sure, he is definitely the man in charge these days.



I already feel myself reminiscing about the earlier months when he would sleep for most of the day and I could get quite a bit done around the house. Now it seems like sleep is a daily battle. Don't get me wrong - we are still fortunate enough to have a child who sleeps through the night. It's just getting him to that point that poses a problem. We think Avery must be afraid that he's going to miss something exciting while he's asleep, so he tries to avoid it. This is where innovation on our part comes in handy. There is a whole myriad of techniques we have tried - keeping the few successful methods in our arsenal for getting this kid off to dreamland.

However, when he is desperately tired, he can pretty much fall asleep anywhere, as was the case yesterday. We were taking a trip to Homesense. He had fallen asleep in the car and didn't make a peep until I parked the car. The little guy was crying so hard, he had tears falling from his eyes (something I've never seen before) and snot coming out of his nose. I knew there was NO way he would let me do any shopping if he had to stay in his stroller. So, I did what any new mother would do - I picked him up and held him the entire time. When I was finished getting what I needed, he still seemed a little upset. So, I decided to take a walk over to Starbucks for a coffee. Somewhere between there and the car, Avery had fallen asleep sitting upright - without resting against me at all. I had no idea he was sleeping until I looked down and saw his eyes were closed. It was the funniest thing. I really wish I had a picture of it.



Avery has become somewhat of a shopping aficionado. He went to Square One last week, is going to Yorkdale tomorrow and in two short weeks he will be taking his first "out of country" trip to Pennsylvania. Boy is he excited - specifically for Red Robin and The Cheesecake Factory. What can I say - the boy loves his food already!

No comments: