Thursday, November 20, 2008

Tag, You're it!

During my stroller fit yesterday, Gina (one of my fellow stroller fit moms) asked me if I had read my blog recently. She told me that she had tagged me. Being a blog tag virgin, Gina graciously explained to me that it is something like a chain letter, but only more fun.

Here are the rules:

Link to the person who tagged you.
Post the rules on your blog.
Share six (6) non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
Tag at least 3 people at the end of your post and link to their blogs.
Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

So here it goes...

Six Things About Me:
(1) I am a (partially) closeted singing superstar. I say partially because anyone who has had the pleasure(?) of being in my presence during karaoke or Rock Band knows I hold on to the mic like grim death. Also, you can easily ask my upstairs neighbor for a comment. He has often asked me if I plan to audition for Canadian Idol. He know doubt overhears my attempts to soothe Avery with sing song.
(2) I don't want to steal Erika's thunder, but I too have an obsession with picking ear wax, snot and eye crust from my son's body. It was inevitable, since I have always been an avid pimple popper. What can I say, it's a sick obsession.
(3)
I am quite sneaky. My parents, friends and husband are well aware of this. I have always found it hard to not snoop around for Christmas gifts and things like that. I try to use every ounce of self control to avoid spoiling a surprise... but it's the thrill of the hunt that I love.
(4) I have never fully outgrown my sweet tooth. My family loves to tell a story of when I was wee (probably around 8 or 9) I found the family's Christmas stash of chocolate (refer to #3 for my problem with sneaking). During the next week or so I ate through about 3 or 4 boxes meant for us to share come Christmas morning. I have spent the last couple of decades trying to convince everyone that I prefer salty snacks over sweet. While I would most likely pick french fries over cake - it has come to my attention that I do indeed still love sweets. I have my husband (and his massive sweet tooth) to thank for converting me back to my roots.
(5) I am obsessed with Christmas. I am sure many of you out there already know this - and if you didn't before, you soon will. I usually secretly start thinking of Christmas sometime in August. I don't dare tell anyone (except maybe Pat) for fear of ridicule. I can't help it. I find the entire season drips with nostalgia and I really can't get enough. I have recently found someone who partners my obsession (Ashley) and it has been nice to let my Christmasitis all out!
(6) I am in love with the Cosby's - yes, Cliff, Clair, Theo, Denise, Vanessa, Rudy and even Sondra. I have been relishing in the fact that they play two episodes daily on Peachtree TV. I often dream about how I might have fit in with my make-believe TV family (between Denise and Theo) and what it would've been like growing up in Brooklyn in the 80's. They just came out with the complete box set and it is pretty safe to say that one day in the not so distant future, that box set will find its place at home in my DVD collection.

Just as Gina and Erika, I only began blogging after Avery was born, so I don't know of too many people to tag. My darling sister Michele, Anya and Stephanie (I am sorry to do this to you Stephanie, but I didn't know anyone else to send this to!)
Have fun ladies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So excited you did it! AND that we share a gross habit! I, too, love pimple popping!