Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Hallowe'en!




Well, I must say, Avery certainly enjoyed his first Hallowe'en. He wasn't quite sure what to make of his *new* mom and dad... but at least he didn't cry. Unfortunately, the same can't be said of our poor neighbor Julian, who instilled shrieks from our son upon coming down for a visit with some spooky makeup on.



We were so impressed by our neighborhood's decorations and jack-o-lanterns. We definitely can't wait until Avery is old enough to go Trick-or-Treating. This year we opted to hit up a few neighborhood parties. Staying up way past our little pumpkin's bedtime, we stumbled home at an astounding 9pm! Truthfully, we were all exhausted anyhow and Pat and I subsequently fell asleep on the couch shortly after putting Avery to bed. Of course, this was probably the result of a candy bar induced sugar coma.







Avery finally rolled on his own on Friday, much to my surprise. We were playing on the couch and all of a sudden he managed to maneuver himself from his back to his stomach. I was tempted to help him onto his back again, but he did so all on his own. Since then, Pat and I have been trying to coax him into doing it again by placing all of his toys just out of reach.

On Monday, Avery and I start our new Stroller Fit class. What cruel and unusual punishment I am voluntarily signing myself up for. An hour and half of brisk hilly walking through High Park - luckily there is a Starbucks coffee at the end as my reward! At least Avery will get to enjoy the view of all of the changing colours - including his mom's face, which will more than likely turn a tomato red.

1 comment:

Gina said...

i can't believe that pumpkin - amazing!

you're it! http://momma-gina.blogspot.com/2008/11/tag-youre-it.html