Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Family Day



We were talking last night, over our family dinner at my sister's house, about how quickly long weekends fly by. On Saturday morning, you feel as though you have an abundance of time to do everything that you had planned, plus extra time for relaxing. You blink, and its Tuesday morning.

I've got to say that Monday went by most quickly out of the entire weekend. We spent Family Day with friends and, of course, family. We started out by going to breakfast with Aunt Ashley and Uncle Chris. We were so surprised that Sunset Grill was virtually empty when we arrived. I should say we were relieved, as you are always on a time limit when dining out with a baby.



Michele and Truman came over soon after we got home from breakfast. We went for a walk through the neighborhood and picked up our afternoon caffeine fix at Starbucks. I've got to say Truman must have realized what suckers Pat and I are - as he manipulated us into carrying him for the greater part of the walk. I didn't mind at all, but it sure did tucker me out. After yesterday afternoon, I appreciate how light Avery is!







When we got home, I made a pound cake (part of my Baking Beauties challenge) to bring to Michele's house for dessert, as my boys took a much needed nap. When they woke up, it was off to the Topolski's for a lovely family dinner. Even though there was a little delay with the roast, everything turned out splendidly. Avery didn't even seem to be bothered by transitioning from sleeping in Truman's crib to coming home - thank goodness!

No comments: