Saturday, April 4, 2009

Home, Sweet Home!


Well, we have finally started to settle into our new abode. I must admit that it took Avery quite a while to adjust. In fact, he still isn't 100% comfortable yet. The first night was the worst. The only way Avery would sleep was on my chest. Since this is something we are not used to (I can only remember one other instance of this happening), I can't say I got much sleep at all. It made the next few days quite challenging for all of us.



Avery has found joy during the day investigating his new pad. He doesn't know what to do with such a big room. We have been taking advantage of being right across from High Park; we take a least one long walk through it each day.



I have to say one of my favourite things about this building is how smitten all of the trades workers are with Avery. Whenever we are on the elevator, at least one of these gruff looking men bend down and start cooing at our little guy. It is just adorable!



Next week, Avery will be celebrating his 10 month birthday. As happy as I am to see him growing and developing, it also reminds me that our days alone together are coming to an end. Even though it wasn't always easy, I am going to miss our endless hours spent together. However, I promised myself I wouldn't let that get me down. We still have over two months of fun left. And, with the weather ever improving, our days are sure to be packed!

No comments: