Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Walk'n the Walk


I know it has been forever since I have last posted about our Avery, but things have been out of control over here!
So much has been going on; unpacking, trying to negotiate day care spots, a wedding and a whole lot of walking.

Our little man is really on the move these days. He is walking whenever he can, resorting to crawling only when lazy ;) I think it has made him a happier baby. It's as if a whole new world has opened up to him.



I also can't believe his intellectual development. The other day he helped me by trying to put on his own shoe (so cute). His understanding of feeding is what gets me. He constantly tries to give his stuffed bunny water from his sippy cup. He loves putting things into his little plastic bowl to carry around the room. And today, as we were both eating a bagel, he would rest his piece on my plate between bites. It's too much. He is really like a little boy!



I think what's thrown me is seeing Kim's new niece. Molly was just six days old at Kim's wedding. It brought my mind back to bringing Avery home from the hospital and how tiny and vulnerable he was. Now that Avery is walking, he is more independent than ever. While it makes me incredibly happy to see my baby growing, I can't help but feel a little sad.

No comments: