Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thank You Sleepy Head!

Honestly... I think that Avery must sense when Pat and I are at the end of our ropes. Just when I think I won't be able to have any decent rest for the next year or more of my life - he throws us a bone.
Yes, our child slept from just shortly after 10pm until 5am last night. I was so confused when I woke up without the sound of my child crying. It was pure bliss.
Let me tell you that prize didn't come cheap... he had been terribly fussy for the entire evening. He wouldn't take my breast for more than two minutes. He wouldn't take his bottle. He didn't like his swing. He wouldn't go to sleep even though you could see he was dead tired. See for yourself - does that picture look like an alert child? I only pray he offers us the same treat tonight so that I might actually fully recover from my sickness. Here's hoping!




This evening we went for a relaxing stroll with Uncle Chris. Looks like we just missed the approaching rain storm. Isn't the sky just amazing! It will be nice to fall asleep to the sound of the rain. I just hope we get some sort of break in the weather tomorrow. Aunt Misty took an entire day off of work to spend with us and we have some big plans!


1 comment:

Misty said...

The pic of Pat and Avery is great...such great colours in the pic (the sky/his shirt).