Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Two Months and Counting



Avery celebrated the two month milestone on Monday. Unfortunately for him, that meant getting a set of shots. He did as well as one would expect - screaming until his face turned a fire engine red. Our brave little fellow recovered shortly after and was pretty fuss free for the rest of the day. My favourite part about going to his appointments is the weigh in. I am delighted to say that Avery is now a whopping 12lbs 6.4oz. It is crazy to think that in a few weeks he will be double his birth weight. Way to catch up Avery!



The O'Brien household has been under siege by illness this past week. It started with father and passed on to mother shortly there after. I had to cancel many play dates this week, as I couldn't muster enough strength to drag myself and Avery out of the house. For everyone who thinks it is not easy taking care of a newborn - it is that much harder doing so when you are sick. The problem is that rest is essential for a quick recovery... something that parents of newborns will tell you is almost nonexistent. I am just relieved that we didn't pass anything on to our son. We are slowly getting back our strength, and I am hoping by the weekend we will be back to normal.

No comments: