Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Week One


One week ago today, we were welcoming our beautiful Elliott into our lives. Things feel exactly the same as they did with Avery and at the same time entirely different. Elliott has been an excellent eater. I don't feel like I will have to worry about his weight gain as I did with Avery. However, he hates sleeping alone, something Avery had no problems with. Elliott just loves being held and prefers to sleep in our arms, which is nice for the first couple weeks of life. However, I would like to have him sleep comfortably in his crib, so that mommy, daddy and baby can get a good night's rest.

I know it's not possible already, but I swear Elliott smiled at me today. It is just the cutest thing, even if it's just gas. It's crazy how quickly he is changing in his appearance; he looks way different today than he did two days ago. Pat and I keep making guesses as to what colour his hair and eyes will be. We both think he's going to have hazel eyes (like mommy) and blond hair like his big brother. I know we still have quite a bit of time before these details emerge, but it's always fun to speculate.

Thankfully it seems as though Elliot enjoys the swing. It will make it easier to get things done around the house once Pat goes back to work. He's in there right now, actually. He's not even asleep, he's just happily swinging back and forth.



With the fleeting wonderful weather, Pat, Elliott and I have been trying to take advantage by going for many walks. It feels so nice to be outside in the fresh air. When Avery got home from daycare today, we spent a bit of time outside. Avery loved testing out his new rain boots in the mud! He also loves the tricycle that Aunt Michele & Uncle Jerry got him for Christmas. While he can't really ride it, he enjoys rolling down the hill, having Daddy catch him at the bottom of our driveway. It seems as though a cold spell is upon us, so I am so happy that we were able to burn off some energy until we're forced to stay indoors for a while.



Oops... I hear my littlest one now from the swing. Something else he shares with his big brother - hiccups. He constantly gets them after eating. They just sound so darned adorable! I'd better go get him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I *love* those rain boots! And Elliott already looks different than when I saw him on Sunday. Crazy. Such cute boys.