Monday, March 22, 2010

Welcome to the World, Elliott!



Call it coincidence or call it fate (I like to think the latter)... little Elliott William Patrick O'Brien was born on Wednesday, March 17th, 2010. I call it fate because Avery was born on Pat's mother's mother's birthday and Elliott arrived in our arms on Pat's father's father's birthday. And it's just fitting that it also happened to be St Patrick's Day, which is why we had to add Patrick in his name somewhere. Pat was gunning for Patrick II or Patrick Junior but I squashed that idea - hell, since I'm the one who went through labour, I think I'm allowed to vito something, right?



Everything about Elliott's delivery was wonderful; the day was beautiful and the labour was quick (a mere 4 1/2hrs) and the pushing was even quicker (only 10 minutes!!!). As my sister says, I am made for having babies, although I beg to differ.



Since Elliott has been home, things have been going incredibly well. He's an eating and pooping machine! We actually just got back from Elliott's first doctor's appointment and in 5 days, he has managed to get back up to his birth weight. Way to go E!




And of course, we can't forget about our darling Avery. He has been so sweet with Elliott, constantly wanting to kiss and hold him (not always as gently as I'd like). We couldn't ask for anything more.



I can't wait to see how Elliott grows and changes in the next couple of weeks because if I remember correctly from our first time around, the changes are quite dramatic. I can't wait to see how my two boys interact as they get older. I can only imagine our house will resemble something of a zoo... an adorable zoo for sure, but crazy. I can hardly wait!

No comments: